Friday, June 05, 2009

Perfection and Necroamoria 8

The first main glazing day for Perfection and Necroamoria today (part of the underpainting shown). Progress is a little faster than underpainting and I managed to get some nice pine wood with only gold ochre, black and white.

I found it difficult to enter the slow monk-like mentality necessary for fine glazing, a trance like state of isolation and concentration. In some ways my earlier paintings had finer detail because I found it easier to enter that state, but they did take twice the time and the detail was more "tight" and not as accurate or realistic looking so I am making definite progress in painting quality. That said I'd like more time to paint more pictures. I'd rather sacrifice some quality to produce more work. Tick tick tick the clock of life goes and I have too many ideas to rest or stop or delay.