Monday, September 07, 2009

Collection Days

These few days are workmanlike. Yesterday I collected three paintings from the Down To A Fine Art gallery and today collected the Necroamoria painting from M.O.M.A. Wales in Machynlleth. I drew two painting ideas on the train today, with the knowledge that each would take a month to implement at my current rate. I need a way to increase my speed of painting without reducing the quality. I must analyse steps and how to cut things out, and maximise the efficiency of painting days so that my energy levels remain adequate. Perhaps activities like framing and panel preparation could be planned or deferred so that they take up less time, having standard sizes for example would help there. It is frustrating to feel creative and then spend days preparing a panel for painting instead of being creative.