Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wax Cataclysm

The drawing for the Wales picture, Remembering Summer, is complete and has been transferred to the panel.

Today I've painted a colours study for a complex picture called Wax Cataclysm of Phoenixes and Unphoenixes, which is quite a small painting but is full of brightness and technical complexity due to the new texture of candle wax which I must learn to paint. Here is the colour study;

I've also started on the Annunciation colour study, which will approximately use the same colours as the van Eyck picture, and I've made a frame, re-repaired a damaged picture and will soon transcribe some poems. I'm feeling rather tired due to my illness but I think it will go soon. I'm thankful for the care I've received from a special friend and am looking forward to a fruitful last week of this month.