Sunday, May 09, 2010

Sunday

I painted for twelve hours today working on The Nine Ladies painting. It should take one and a half more days. I used a new colour, Blockx Cassel Earth, today and it worked well in adding opacity and neutrality to mixes without the dustiness or oiliness of black. On the greenish underpainting it looked quite purple, which is good because the general scheme of the painting is pink and purple and green; which are "real" colours shifted into the Celtic otherworld.

I have lots of ideas for improvement to my practises. First I want to make some more drying racks. I'm thinking that a crucifix of wood bolted, with stands at the end will allow different sizes of rack to be made quite quickly. I'll take a photo if/when I make it so that the design can be seen more clearly.