Friday, June 11, 2010

Self Portrait as Dream

Here's a close up from Self Portrait as Dream, which I glazed today. Both of these pictures are as smooth as a Raphael or a Leonor Fini, proving that more than two layers are not necessary on a painting unless you really need a special effect of some sort. The dark blob behind the eye is an artifact created by my camera.

Alas, I didn't make it into The Threadneedle Prize final, but I'm sure I will when I am ready. My next drop off is for The Tabernacle Competition held by the Museum of Modern art in Wales, actually a converted chapel in the pretty town of Machynlleth (pron. Mc Conkleth). I'm cutting the frame for that one tomorrow.

I've got a few hours of today and want to construct a special painting that involves a rainbow, several birds, an angel, an exploding mountain and two feathers from a peacock.