Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Self Portraits

Self Portrait as Dreamer

Self Portrait as Dream

Two newly scanned images. A day of miscellany today. Some sound work and website maintenance, plus packing and preparation for the forthcoming Lloyd Gill exhibition in July/August.

In the afternoon Lindsey Piper, a sculptor, came by and told me of her plans for Nantwich Art Festival 2011. It's the first, and she is arranging it all, quite a big task! I've said I'll try to help with the website and with any ideas. I like this idea and would like to help more. It all depends on how much time I can find, but I've scribbled a few logo ideas already. The theme will be masquerade, and the main event will be a torchlit procession by artists and school children. Lots of venues have been booked and there are lots of artists to hand, but it's important to keep the quality high and the events as spectacular as possible. Anyone in the area with free time or organisational skills is welcome to help. Contact me and I'll put you in touch with Lindsey.

Tomorrow I'm off to my art group and will paint for a change, or try to. Time there is limited and the England football match in the afternoon may prove disruptive. On Thursday I'll begin the elements painting. Then two days of deliveries, followed by painting the larger Gethsemane painting. Midsummer is past. Time to finish some paintings!