Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday

Today I've been painting a picture called "Now I've Tasted Love There Is No Going Back To A Loveless Life" which is rather complicated and really quite amazing even to me. I'm painting it rather differently than normal, toying with the colours more, wise to my "chromosurrealism" rules; designed to use colour in a neurological way instead of a purely aesthetic way.

All is going well and the concerns of the weekend have been forgotten. I spent yesterday at the zoo and took some films in the butterfly house. I hope to edit together a short video for my tune "Flight Of A Moth". Not my first choice for music "single", but well the butterfly house suits a video perfectly! I'd like to do more music videos but it's a matter of planning and resources. At least now I know how to edit; using the free Avidemux software.

I've prepared for my exhibition in October at The Cubby Hole. Carol there is a wonderful matron for the arts. Her little craft shop has become a nice little hub in my life since discovering it and I enjoy every visit. I'll write to a few local papers and try to drum up some interest. The poster is shown.

Now I'll rest. Another full day tomorrow.