Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cols

An A3 colour study The Quest For Pity On The Road To Self Destruction today. It's quite a horrific picture so far. I had to decide between prettiness or emotional power and I picked the latter. The colours were assisted by Holly by Louis Smith. Its emotion is rather "Ahhh... pretty!" but nobody could deny its brilliance in execution and imaginative treatment of the subject. I've drawn out an idea for a quick homage to that painting. This demands a peacock!

Next for me is a truly "Ahhh... pretty!" painting, a plain old silent-film star portrait. I'd like to get the vocals recorded for the songs I started last month too, maybe I could fit those in one week. I was aiming to do them this week but my dull-ears got in the way. They feel clear today, just in time for a doctor's appointment (it's always the way isn't it!?)

Tonight it's the opening of the Grosvenor Open Exhibition in Chester. I'll be there. Now I have free time. I must make the most of the sun today, and indeed the most of any/everything else. Happy painting.